The 1-year anniversary of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is quickly approaching!
Here are 3 things to know about EPCOT’s newest attraction:
- Opened on May 27, 2022, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the first reverse-launch coaster in Disney history, and the first roller coaster attraction at EPCOT! It’s actually an omnicoaster, which means the ride vehicles themselves swivel and rotate as they move along the track (while the vehicles do glide very smoothly, Cosmic Rewind is a high-level attraction and some Guests have experienced feeling a bit woozy after riding — so proceed with caution if you’re prone to motion sickness when on roller coasters or simulator rides)
- If you would like to experience this attraction, be aware there is currently NO standby queue! In order to ride, Guests must obtain a Boarding Group via a Virtual Queue, OR make an Individual Lightning Lane purchase. Both options are available to Guests on the day of their visit to EPCOT; the Virtual Queue opens at 7am and again at 1pm (read our blog post all about how to join a virtual queue!), while Guests who are staying at an on-site Walt Disney World Resort hotel can purchase Individual Lightning Lane beginning at 7am (Guests who are staying offsite may purchase Individual Lightning Lane at park opening, subject to availability).
- My favorite part about Cosmic Rewind is the music! There are 6 songs on the “Awesome Mix” playlist, and you don’t know which track will play during your ride until you blast off:
- “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Disco Inferno” by The Trammps
- “Conga” by Gloria Estefan
- “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” by Tears for Fears
- “I Ran” by A Flock of Seagulls
- “One Way or Another” by Blondie
BONUS TIP to know: you may want to be sure to tie back your hair for this ride!
3 Things to Know About Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind