Are you taking a toddler on a magical vacation to Walt Disney World? Magic Kingdom is, hands-down, the best park for toddlers to visit!
First, let’s talk savings–children under 3 years of age don’t require tickets at Disney World! For a four-day trip, that could save you as much as $500. That being said, should you take your toddler? What rides are best for toddlers in Magic Kingdom?
There are 17 rides at Magic Kingdom that don’t have height requirements and don’t have an element of fright.
Top Ten Rides for Toddlers At Magic Kingdom
- Peter Pan’s Flight*
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh*
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid*
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant*
- It’s A Small World*
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin*
- Jungle Cruise*
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin*
- Meet Mickey at Town Square Theater*
* indicates that you can use Genie + to book this attraction. Rides 1-6 are all located in one area–Fantasyland. You can hit #7 through Tomorrowland, while #8 and 9 are found in Adventureland.
5 Tips for Doing Disney with a Toddler
- Don’t over structure your day. Make a dinner reservation and head back for the fireworks.
- Stay on property so that you can make it back to your resort for a mid-day break, nap or a quick swim.
- Book your first Genie + for Peter Pan’s Flight at 7am. If you secure Peter Pan’s Flight, you can start your morning as calmly as possible with your pick of other rides for small children. If you don’t get that one, you’ll want to start your morning there.
- There is a lot of walking so my tip is to plan on renting a stroller or bringing your own. Conquering one land at a time will cut down on walking back-and-forth across the park!
- Unsure about a ride for your little one? Watch a video of the ride on YouTube. Make sure that it is the ride at Disney World as some of the other parks have modified versions of the ride.
If you are planning a trip to Walt Disney World with a little one in tow, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our agents to help set up a customized plan for your family!