Raise your hand if you ever give or receive gift cards. ** bounces up and down with both hands in the air **
It’s a little difficult to wrap a vacation, but a gift card — well, gift cards can fit into just about anything. Stockings at Christmas, birthday cards in the mail, and cute little boxes for graduation, bat/bar mitzvah, and any other celebration you might have throughout the year!
You may think those Disney gift cards you receive are only good for The Disney Store and website. A new t-shirt or mug are great, but what if you could use those for a vacation? YOU CAN! 🙂
HOW TO PAY FOR YOUR VACATION WITH GIFT CARDS
Your A Time to Treasure Travel agent can apply Disney gift cards toward the balance of your vacation. This can be a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida, Disneyland in California, a Disney cruise or even an Adventures by Disney tour. Simply call or email your booking agent with the numbers on the cards.
If you have a LOT of cards, you’ll want to consolidate them before giving them to your agent. Not only will this simplify things for your agent, it also simplifies things for you in the long run.
If for any reason you need a refund — either a cancellation or maybe a change in plans that lowers your total vacation price — Disney will provide that back to you in the same form you paid. So if you use 25 gift cards, the refund will go back to those 25 different cards. It would be much better for you to only have ONE card to manage all those funds.
HOW TO CONSOLIDATE DISNEY GIFT CARDS
Consolidating Disney gift cards is easy! You just need to follow a few simple steps.
- Go to DisneyGiftCard.com
- There is a link to “login” near the top right of the homepage. You may use this to login to an existing account or create a new account (if you do not yet have one).
- After you gently scratch off the code on the back of your gift card, you may add your first card in the fields under “Manage Cards.” You will need both the 16-digit card number and the 8-digit security code.
- Once added, this card will show to the right side under “My Cards.” It’s okay if the image doesn’t match your card! As long as the amount matches, you’re fine. This will be a primary card toward which you transfer balances. Mark and save this card.
- Now go to the top menu bar. Click “Manage Cards” then select “Transfer Balance” from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Transfer Balance FROM” add the information from your next gift card and click “Continue.”
- Click “Transfer Balance” (green button).
- A pop-up will tell you that the transfer is successful, then prompt you to “Transfer Another” or “Go to My Cards.”
- If your new balance is LESS THAN $1000, you may transfer another card, repeating Steps 6 and 7 until the maximum balance is reached.
- If your new balance is $1000, you will need to “Go to My Cards” and return to Step 3 to designate another primary card. You can manage up to 5 primary cards on the website.
- Once you transfer a balance to a Primary Card, you may discard the empty (non-primary) card.
- KEEP ANY AND ALL PRIMARY CARDS. If for any reason you receive a refund, that amount will be returned in the same manner in which it was paid. If you lose the primary card, you will also lose the refund.
When you call your agent to apply these to your vacation reservation, you now only need to provide the numbers on your primary cards. All those others can be tossed, recycled, or used in your next creative craft project. I’m thinking a wreath or maybe wallpaper a small bathroom?
Talk with your A Time to Treasure Travel agent to book that next vacation!