My family has enjoyed cruising with Disney Cruise Line ever since we took our first cruise back in 2013. When you have children that are almost seven years apart, it is hard to find a trip that is geared towards all of the different ages and stages of life. Disney Cruise Line is the one vacation that my whole family (including grandparents) has enjoyed.
Disney Cruise Line is a great choice for an Adult Vacay!
When it was time for me to plan a 20th wedding anniversary trip, my husband and I decided to take a Disney cruise. Here’s why you should plan your next adult vacation on a Disney Cruise:
- Disney Cruise Line Goes All Over the World: Many people have heard about the Disney cruises that go to Alaska and the Bahamas, including Disney’s own amazing private island, Castaway Cay. However, did you know that Disney Cruise Line has cruises going to Europe, California, Bermuda, Mexico and the Panama Canal? We found a week-long Mediterranean cruise on the Disney Magic that sailed out of Barcelona, Spain and went to Naples (Pompeii), Italy, Civitacvecchia (Rome), Italy, Livorno (Florence, Pisa), Italy, Cannes (Monte Carlo, Nice), France, and back to Barcelona! Belissimmo!
- Land and Sea Adventures: With Disney Cruise Lines, you can book a land and sea adventure. Many people plan a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando and then board a Disney Cruise in Port Canaveral. With our trip to Barcelona, we spent some time in Barcelona pre-cruise and booked a night in Barcelona post-cruise through Disney Cruise Line. The Disney bus transport was waiting for us as soon as we got off of the ship and took us to our hotel that was located in the middle of Barcelona. Disney representatives were there to greet us and make sure that we were all squared away for our return trip to the U.S. the next day. Disney provides the gold standard in service!
- Port Adventures: On the Disney Cruise Line, port adventures are the excursions you can schedule off the ship in the ports that you visit. In past cruises, my family has not done many port adventures because the Disney Cruise ships have so much to offer onboard! Also, Castaway Cay has always been our destination, and there is so much to do on the island. However, I knew that this trip was when I would take advantage of port adventures! Your travel agent can help guide you with port adventures that would meet your needs. Disney Cruise Line offered adult-only port adventures that we chose. We toured Capri, Sorrento, and Pompeii in Naples and Rome and the Vatican in Civitacvecchia with tour guides that were knowledgeable and geared our tour to adults. We did a wine tasting in Eze and Nice and a scenic boat tour in Cinque Terre, and every port adventure was organized and fun.
- Dining: One unique feature about Disney Cruise Line is their “rotational dining” where you rotate between three restaurants with your same servers following you each night. I love the personal attention that you get from your servers because they really get to know you and your tastes. Since we were doing an adult cruise, we had to go to Palo, the adult exclusive restaurant onboard. For $30 a person, you get to experience Northern Italian cuisine with some of the best views on the ship (do not miss the chocolate soufflé for dessert!). Another wonderful perk on a Disney Cruise Line is that room service is no extra cost. Every afternoon as we were getting ready for the evening, we would order a cheese plate to enjoy with the wines we would buy in port. Did I mention that you can bring alcohol onboard? You are allowed to bring two bottles of wine or champagne on board at beginning of the trip and at each port of call, so we took advantage of this policy and bought Spanish, Italian and French wines while in port.
- Entertainment and Onboard Activities: Disney Cruise Line is known for their great live shows that are Broadway caliber and the variety of onboard activities they provide. We went to comedy shows and did trivia contests in O’Gills Pub (we actually won the TV Trivia contest and were award Mickey “medals”). We signed up for mixology classes, wine tastings and cooking classes and learned so many recipes that we have replicated at home. On the Mediterranean cruises, they have wine representatives onboard different cruises. We were fortunate to have the wine representative from Santa Margherita winery on our cruise. We ended up going to a wine dinner at Palo where he paired wines with each course, and it was an amazing experience. For those who like being pampered or working out during their trip, there is a full-service spa and fitness center onboard. So you can really tailor your cruise to meet your grown-up needs.
Now Booking into 2019
Disney Cruise Line has released some of their 2019 sailings, so contact your A Time To Treasure Travel Agent now to get your cruise booked. With three new Disney ships launching in the horizon, there is no reason to miss out on the award-winning Disney Cruise. Even if you bring the kids, you can take advantage of the adult amenities while your children enjoy the kids’ clubs.