“To infinity…and beyond!” ~ Buzz Lightyear
Epcot is undergoing a major transformation in so many ways, as the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow should. It should be constantly evolving after all, that’s what Walt wanted.
It starts just inside the park, with new fountains and landscaping. New pathways are being completed leading to one of the biggest additions to Epcot, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and the Play Pavilion. This is being touted as a one of kind family attraction, the world’s longest enclosed roller coaster with an innovative ride system that will WOW guests.
On the other side, leading to the Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion, the Journey of Water will be a water maze area, a trail inspired by Moana.
The long-standing nighttime show Illuminations: Reflections of Earth closed last year and led to a temporary show, Epcot Forever. In 2020 this will be replaced by HarmonioUS, which is being hailed as the largest scale evening show Disney has ever done. Lights, lasers, booming and blazing pyrotechnics and of course amazing music.
A new scavenger hunt is coming to Epcot in the form of Disney’s Duck Tales World Showcase Adventure. Join Donald and the gang for an interactive mission through the park using your smartphone and the Disney Parks app.
France is getting a major upgrade with a new trackless vehicle ride in Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure which is scheduled to open this summer. Travel through Gusteau’s restaurant and experience it all from Remy’s perspective.
Savory & Sweet:
- Future World will be introducing an out of this world dining experience, Space 220. Guest will board a “space elevator” and be whisked 220 miles above the Earth to a space station where they will dine while gazing out at the cosmos.
- Get your taste buds warmed up with a new restaurant, La Creperie de Paris.
- Epcot’s American Pavilion has the Regal Eagle Smokehouse serving barbecue and craft beers and the Muppets’ Sam the Eagle is the host. THIS IS NOW OPEN!
- A new Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along featuring Angela Lansbury, Mrs. Potts herself had its debut in the France Pavilion a few weeks ago.
- The Canada Pavilion also features a new updated film in their Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360. This is hosted by hilarious Canucks Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara.
- Awesome Planet being shown in The Land Pavilion has added in-theatre effects and celebrates our planet.
Many of these will throughout 2020, while some are a little further off.
While there is construction, no attractions are affected! Some pathways getting from here to there might be a little more congested because of construction walls, but you won’t be missing out on anything. Epcot is still well worth a visit!
I am looking forward to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Guardians of the Galaxy especially and well everything! What are you most looking forward to?