Enjoy seasonal magic as the Happiest Place on Earth is transformed into the Merriest Place on Earth from November 9, 2018 until January 6, 2019!
- Mater’s Jingle Jamboree – Take a holly, jolly spin through Mater’s festively decorated holiday junkyard. (Disney California Adventure Park)
- Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl – Take a merry jaunt around Luigi’s decked-out backyard. (Disney California Adventure Park)
- Haunted Mansion Holiday – Experience the Mansion’s macabre makeover, inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas. (Disneyland Park)
- *it’s a small world* Holiday – Wishes for peace on earth come to life with children’s choruses from around the world. (Disneyland Park)
Events at Disneyland Park:
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade – Beloved Disney characters join Santa Claus for a merry musical celebration – heading your way down Main Street, U.S.A. Arrive early to find the best possible viewing spot, especially if you’d like to watch on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Santa Claus – Make your way to Critter Country, near Splash Mountain and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, to visit with the big man.
- *it’s a small world* Holiday Lighting – As dusk falls, gather in front of the iconic attraction’s façade to watch thousands of twinkling lights come to life! Then, every 30 minutes throughout the night, watch as a light projection show animates the façade with a kaleidoscope of holiday colors and images.
- Wintertime Enchantment at Sleeping Beauty’s Castle – The castle is decked out with wreaths and festive décor during the day, but each evening at dusk, the castle shimmers to life, revealing icicles and thousands of twinkling lights, illuminated in stages.
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular – Behold the magic of the holidays in this festive fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.
- Magical Snowfall – As a special wintry treat, snow falls around *it’s a small world* Holiday in Fantasyland, over portions of Main Street, U.S.A., and near the Rivers of America!
Events at Disney California Adventure Park:
- Disney Festival of Holidays – Explore diverse cultural festivities and holiday traditions with special entertainment, character greetings, and foods.
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad! – During the Street Party, join The Three Caballeros for a soiree starring an assortment of musicians, dancers, and giant mojiganga puppets! Paradise Gardens is specially decorated, and you will also find special characters (Princess Elena arrives in her own music-filled cavalcade) and entertainment.
- Santa Claus – Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is transformed into a holly, jolly playground where you can enjoy seasonal activities or meet the jolly old elf himself. Be sure to pick up a map on your way into Redwood Creek to find all the games!
- Buena Vista Street Holiday Tree Lighting – The magnificent 50-foot tree comes to life daily, in the plaza outside Elias & Co. Check the Disneyland app or Times Guide for the time.
- Holiday Magic Shots – If you’re having your photo taken by a Disney photographer, ask if they have any Magic Shots available. Magic Shot offerings are constantly changing. If you would like to see the available photos ahead of time, and where to find them, follow the Disney PhotoPass Service page on Facebook.
- Seasonal Décor can be found everywhere! You’ll see plenty of holiday decor if you’re visiting both theme parks and the Downtown Disney District, but if that still isn’t enough, I also recommend visiting the three on-site resorts — Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa, the Disneyland Hotel, and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel — to see their holiday adornments.
- Holiday Goodies – Over 100 special, limited-time holiday treats can be found at nearly 50 locations throughout the Disneyland Resort…and this doesn’t include the food carts and kiosks you’ll find as part of Disney’s Festival of the Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park. There are 10 locations where you can find holiday churros in flavors like Gingerbread, Sugar Plum Candy, Sour Apple with Caramel Sauce, Pumpkin Spice, and Peppermint!
- Holiday Merchandise – ‘Tis the season for limited-time festive finds throughout the Disneyland Resort. I like to find an ornament take home and hang on our tree to bring back magic-filled memories every year.
There’s still time to plan that holiday trip! Contact your favorite A Time to Treasure Travel agent today.
Holidays at the Disneyland Resort