by Melissa Weis
When you visit Walt Disney World, you have a lot of choices of where to stay. How do you decide? What makes on-site Disney Resort Hotels so special? Here’s a quick list of some of the top benefits of staying at an on-site Dis
- LOCATION! Staying at an on-site Disney Resort Hotel puts you in the center of the magic. You will be closest to the parks. Some even offer rooms with theme park views. Imagine watching the nightly fireworks from your own private balcony! Those are memories your family will treasure forever.
- Immersive and luxurious decor! Each on-site Disney resort offers a different theme. You could explore the South Pacific at the Polynesian Village … Mardi Gras at Port Orleans French Quarter … vintage Atlantic City at the Boardwalk Inn … or an African village at Animal Kingdom Lodge! While you’ll find something different at every resort, all of totally immersive and totally fun.
- Access to Extra Magic Hours! Select theme parks open early or stay open later just for guests of Disney resorts, so you get more time to enjoy the rides and attractions with lower crowds than during regular park hours.
- Free Transportation! Let Disney do the driving (or sailing or monorailing) as you relax and enjoy the sights, or take a snooze, on your way to and from the theme parks or Disney Springs from your resort. This makes it easy to take a mid-day break and go back to your resort faster than if you drove.
- More Free Transportation! Are you flying? Round-trip transportation on a luxury motorcoach is complimentary with your resort stay when you fly in and out of Orlando International Airport. No need to rent a car! Disney’s Magical Express is the way to start your vacation, and get you back to the airport so you can start planning your next trip, which leads me to…
- Bounceback Offers! Special discount offers for guests of Disney resorts are available for select dates but must be booked while on vacation, before midnight of the day you check out. Your travel agent can book this for you while you enjoy your vacation! These offers are usually found in the documents in your resort room.
- First choice of Fastpasses! A fabulous perk is being able to select Fastpasses before many of those folks staying off property – 60 days in advance!
- Dining Plan! Looking for that all-inclusive feel? Want to add to your vacation mood by not having to worry about costs of food? Purchasing a Dining Plan is a benefit to staying on-property. New for 2018 – dining plans can be used to purchase select adult beverages or specialty milkshakes. Also when you stay on property, dining reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance for your whole trip (up to 10 days). Click here for more information about the different dining plans available. Your A Time To Treasure Travel planner can help you choose which plan will be right for you.
- Exclusive Transportation Options! Have you heard about the new Minnie Vans? Read this blog to learn how to “spot” them!
- Free Vacation Planning Assistance! If you book your vacation with any one of our A Time To Treasure Travel agents, then you’ll have access to our expert planning assistance at no extra cost to you. If you book direct with Disney, you’re paying for those services without being able to use them. Seem too good to be true? It isn’t! Contact your favorite A Time To Treasure Travel vacation planner for more information about how (s)he can be your partner in planning.
These are just a few of the benefits of staying on-property at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel. Others include:
- free package delivery to your resort
- magical extras such as discount cards for shopping, dining, and entertainment
- complimentary MagicBands (a $15–22 value!)
- charging privileges
- the convenience and wonder of being immersed in the magic!
Disney Cast Members are amazing and the level of service you’ll receive is second to none.
The next decision is where to stay? With over 25 Disney resorts, choosing one can be overwhelming – don’t worry, we can help! Contact one of our expert travel agents to explore the possibilities.
Why Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel?